EXCURSION IN OLD Riga
Old Riga is a pretty famous place in Europe. There are many cafes, bars, and restaurants, with very friendly atmosphere. This small part of
the capital of Latvia will excite you with its charm, hospitality and variety
Our excursion is based on a famous symbol of Old Riga – Three Cocks:
St. Peter’s Church, The Dome Church and St. Jacob’s Church. At 10:00 our group will start our tour from The Freedom Monument.
|The Freedom Monument shows off on Brivibas street. It was built 1931-1935. The Monument of Liberty is an outstanding monument of history, architecture and art. It is a testimony of love and respect of the nation towards its Motherland and Liberty. It is an interesting fact that the monument was built for the money donated by people.|
Now we are moving forward to the first cock on Skarnu street 19 – St. Peter’s Church.
|St. Peter’s Church was first mentioned in 1209. From the very beginning it was considered to be the church of Riga’s burgers. The height of the church tower and the original view has changed many times; it burnt in fire many times, but was always renovated. The present steeple of the church was renovated in 1971.|| |
After lifting up and observing the view from this highest place of Old Riga, our group is going to our next aim, the second cock-The Dome Church on Dome Square 1.
The foundation stone of the church was laid in 1211; the church was originally a wooden building.
|After several reconstructions the castle lost its medieval character to a considerable extent. In the times of Latvian independent State the castle was transformed into the State president’s residence and representation building. In 1938 the Three Star tower was erected in accordance with architect E. Laube’s project.|
Our next stop is the Riga Castle, the Latvian President’s residence.
After that we are going to see the building that will make you smile - Maza Pils street 17; 19; 21.
|Three medieval dwelling houses. The oldest building is by number 17, it was built between 15-16 centuries, and it is considered the oldest dwelling house in Riga, remaining intact to the present day. After World War II the houses were restored and named ‘’Three Brothers’’.|
|Not far from that place is our last required observing object – third Cock – St. Jacob’s Church witch was first mentioned in 1226. Altar part is all what was preserved from the original building in quite a good state. In the 15-th century the church was reconstructed to a considerable extent. In 1480 the church obtained the clock-chime. To hear it better the clock-chime was placed in church’s middle part outside the spire covered by a small roof. The church acquired its present view after reconstruction in 1756.|
At 15:00 we will have an Italian dinner at restaurant “Monterosso”.
We hope you are enjoying pastime
- Kurzeme Leasure Hotels
Свежие работы в разделе
- Соціально-економічні умови формування образа Києва як унікального туристського, культурного і ділового центру
- Дводенна екскурсійна поїздка по Закарпаттю
- Туризм на Карибах
- Билеты за весенний семестр 2001 года по предмету ОСНОВЫ ОРГАНИЗАЦИИ ТУРИСТСКОЙ ДЕЯТЕЛЬНОСТИ
- Австралия как перспективный регион развития международного туризма
- Развитие туризма в России и Германии
- Экскурсия по Петродворцу
- Экскурсия по Ленинградскому проспекту и Тверской
- Экскурсионная работа
- Экономическая сущность туристской ренты
Если у вас возникли какие либо вопросы, обращайтесь на email администратора: email@example.com