Educational System in Great Britain
The educational system of G.B. is extremely complex and bewildering. It is very difficult to generalize about particular types of schools as schools differ from one to the other.
The department of education and science is responsible for national educational policy, but it doesn’t employee teacher or prescribe curricular or text books. Each school has it’s own board of governors consisting of teachers, parents, local politicians, members of local community, businessmen and sometimes pupils.
According to the law only one subject is compulsory. Such as religious instruction. Schooling for children is compulsory from 5 to 16, though some provision is made for children under 5 and some pupils remain at school after 16 to prepare for higher education. The state school system is usually divided into 2 stages (secondary and primary). The majority of primary schools are mixed. They are subdivided into infant schools(ages 5 to 7),and junior schools(ages 7 to 11). In junior schools pupils were often placed in A,B,C or D-streams, according to their abilities. Under the pressure of progressive parents and teachers the 11+ examination has now been abolished in most parts of the country.
There are some types of schools in G.B. Grammar schools provided an academicals cause for selected pupils from the age of 11 to 18. Only those children who have the best results are admitted to these schools. They give pupils a high level of academic education witch can lead to the university.
Technical Schools offer a general education with a technical bias and serve those pupils who are more mechanically minded. The curricular includes more science and mathematics. Secondary modern schools were formed to provide a non-academic education for children of lesser attainment. The curricular includes more practical subjects. The comprehensive schools brings about a general improvement in the system of secondary education.
Для подготовки данной работы были использованы материалы с сайта http://www.multikulti.ru/
- Education in Great Britain
- The United Kingdom of Great Britain
- System of education of Great Britain
- Education in Britain
- Educational System in Great Britain, USA and Ukraine
- History of Great Britain
- The School Education in Great Britain (Школьное образование в Великобритании)
- Education and future profession
- GREAT BRITAIN, Science
- Great Britan
- Great Britain: the Land of Traditions
- The National Parks of Great Britan
Свежие работы в разделе
- УЧЕНИЧЕСКИЙ ФОРУМ. ТЕМА: ТОЛЕРАНТНОСТЬ СПАСЕТ МИР
- Способы формирования и перевода молодежного интернет-сленга
- Речения с усекаемой концовкой (сехоуюй) и русские пословицы (сравнительный анализ)
- Переводчик в сфере профессиональной коммуникации
- Метод Мак-Кормака в вычислительной гидродинамике
- American "horror": magic of movie-genre attraction
- "007 agent" as media franchise: story of success
- Понятие «Языковой политики» и его соотнесенность с Японским языком
- Communicative activities at the English lessons
- Способы перевода языковой репрезентации эмотивно-прагматической установки автора (на материале цикла сказок Р.Киплинга «Пак с холмов»)
Если у вас возникли какие либо вопросы, обращайтесь на email администратора: email@example.com