When Charles Babbage, a professor of Mathematics at Cambridge university, invented the first calculating machine in 1812 he couldn’t imagine the situation we find ourselves in today. Nearly everything we do in the world is helped, or even controlled by computers, the complicated descendants of his simple machine. Computers are used more and more often in the world today, for the simple reason that they are far more efficent than human beings. They have much better memories and they can store much information. No man alive can do 500000 sums in one second, but a computer can. In fact, computers can do many of the things we do, but faster and better. They can predict weather, and ever play chess, write poetry or compose music.
The use of computers
Just as television has extended human sight across the barriers of time and distance, so the computers extend the power of the human mind across the existing barriers.
Computers in medicine
Computers are one of great importance in modern hospital. The chief use of computers is the storing and sorting the medical knowledge which has been required in the last 50 years. No doctor can possible keep up with all discoveries. The only solution of the problem is store medical knowledge in a computer. Today there are medical computer centers were all existing knowledge of symptoms of various diseases and of their treatment is stored. Doctors feed data on symptoms in the computer and get the necessary information on correct diagnostics and treatment.
Computers that can be learn
Ordinary computer can remember only the data stored in the hard disk. Now scientists have designed machines, that are capable of learning from experience and remembering what they have learned. Such a machine is capable of recognizing objects without human help or control. Of course, they made many mistakes. There is another similar machine which can look at letter alphabet a simple words and they “say” thought a loud-speaker what it has seen. The machine has as certain learning power.
Computers at the school
Information science with the ideas and message of processing and storing information is of great importance today. That’s why computer technology must be told in secondary school. The new subject “basic information science”, and “computing machine” was introduced for the senior forms at schools. The pupils teach computers to investigate school problems. Contact with the machine increases the interest in learning, makes them more serious about studding new subject. School computers are used not only for studding information science, but also examinations purposes. Young people who finish the school must be trained to operate computers.
Для подготовки данной работы были использованы материалы с сайта http://linguistic.ru
- The Comparative Analysis Of The History Of The Computer Science And The Computer Engineering In The USA And Ukraine
- Computer viruses
- Secrets of 3D computer graphics
- Computers and Health
- Анализ стратегического управления на ООО "ISM Computers"
- Top 20 computer systems in the World
- What is computer virus
- Usa. Howard h. Aiken and the computer
- Проектирование и разработка информационной системы на примере магазина "Computer Master"
- University Computer center
- Сучасні технології виведення інформації. Технології Computer to film, Computer to plate, Computer to press
- Методика развертывания Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003
- Generations of Computers
Свежие работы в разделе
- УЧЕНИЧЕСКИЙ ФОРУМ. ТЕМА: ТОЛЕРАНТНОСТЬ СПАСЕТ МИР
- Способы формирования и перевода молодежного интернет-сленга
- Речения с усекаемой концовкой (сехоуюй) и русские пословицы (сравнительный анализ)
- Переводчик в сфере профессиональной коммуникации
- Метод Мак-Кормака в вычислительной гидродинамике
- American "horror": magic of movie-genre attraction
- "007 agent" as media franchise: story of success
- Понятие «Языковой политики» и его соотнесенность с Японским языком
- Communicative activities at the English lessons
- Способы перевода языковой репрезентации эмотивно-прагматической установки автора (на материале цикла сказок Р.Киплинга «Пак с холмов»)
Если у вас возникли какие либо вопросы, обращайтесь на email администратора: email@example.com