Books in our life
“Books and friends should be few but good”, says an English proverb. “Except a living man there is nothing more wonderful than a book! They teach us and open their hearts to us as brothers”, wrote Charles Kingsley, an English writer of the 19th century. The book is certainly one of the greatest inventions of man. It is a friend and a teacher. We learn many things by reading books. Books teach people to live. After reading some books it is easy to understand what should be done and what must not be done. One can learn a lot by reading books.
There are a lot of libraries in our country, where we can choose any book we need. Everyone has the right to use public libraries. The librarian is always ready to help you to find a book on any subject, even if you do not know the title of the book you want. Those who know how to use the library catalogue can find the books without consulting the librarian.
Talks, exhibitions and other events take place in libraries. Book lists are prepared beforehand so that new interests can be developed afterwards among the visitors. Except reading special and scientific literature it is a great pleasure to read belles-lettres.
Different people like to read different kinds of it. It depends on one's taste and character. Some people prefer detectives or science fiction. Others like historical books. Girls and women prefer love stories. Children like comics very much.
As for me, I prefer ... My favourite book is ... It is very interesting and exciting. The main character of the book is ... He (she) is a real personality. He (she) is clever (kind, courageous, strong, merry). I wish to be like him (her).
Для подготовки данной работы были использованы материалы с сайта http://english-language.chat.ru/
- American Literature books summary
- Books in Our Life
- Books in My Life
- The life and work of the self-employed socialist intellectual, Humphrey McQueen
- Occurring with a writer, who write books about Australian animals
- Reading books
- Painting in our Life
- Sport is an Essential Part of Life
- Advertising in our Life
- Life and A.A. Ahmatovoj's creativity
- Books in my life
- How to be happy in your family life
Свежие работы в разделе
- УЧЕНИЧЕСКИЙ ФОРУМ. ТЕМА: ТОЛЕРАНТНОСТЬ СПАСЕТ МИР
- Способы формирования и перевода молодежного интернет-сленга
- Речения с усекаемой концовкой (сехоуюй) и русские пословицы (сравнительный анализ)
- Переводчик в сфере профессиональной коммуникации
- Метод Мак-Кормака в вычислительной гидродинамике
- American "horror": magic of movie-genre attraction
- "007 agent" as media franchise: story of success
- Понятие «Языковой политики» и его соотнесенность с Японским языком
- Communicative activities at the English lessons
- Способы перевода языковой репрезентации эмотивно-прагматической установки автора (на материале цикла сказок Р.Киплинга «Пак с холмов»)
Если у вас возникли какие либо вопросы, обращайтесь на email администратора: firstname.lastname@example.org