American and British Schools
In America, all children from six to sixteen go to school. They spend six years in "elementary" school, and four or six years in "secondary" or "high" school. School education is free.
At the end of every school year, the children take a test. If a child does well, he goes into next class ("grade"). If he doesn't do well, he has to repeat the grade.
Some schools have modern teaching equipment. like computers and closed circuit television, but there are small country schools, with just one classroom.
At the end of their time at school, most students get a high school diploma. If they want to ^o on to college, they take college admission tests.
In Britain all children from five to sixteen go to school. They spend six years in "primary" school, and then go on to "secondary" school.
In Britain there are "state" schools, which are free, and private schools for which parents pay, Many British private schools are "boarding" schools. The children stay at school all the time, and only come home in the holidays. They usually wear uniforms.
Teaching in both countries is usually quite in formal. Students often work together in groups? and go to the teacher only when they need help.
At school pupils spend the most important of their lives. It is here that their characters and views are formed. The word "school" always reminds us of our childhood and youth, of close and dear people in our life.
Для подготовки данной работы были использованы материалы с сайта http://english-language.chat.ru/
- American Literature books summary
- History of American Literature
- The USA: its history, geography and political system
- RP/BBC English or British English as a standard language
- Sports in Great Britain, the USA and Russia
- Education and future profession
- BRITISH MONARCHY AND ITS INFLUENCE UPON GOVERNMENTAL INSTITUTIONS
- Humanity in J. Conrad's and W. Somerset's creativity
- American System of Education
- Lexicology. Different dialects and accents of English
- Canada and tourism
- Basic perspectives and schools of developing sociology in the XX century
- Global and worldly Englishes Discommunities and subcultural empires
- Educational System in Great Britain, USA and Ukraine
Свежие работы в разделе
- УЧЕНИЧЕСКИЙ ФОРУМ. ТЕМА: ТОЛЕРАНТНОСТЬ СПАСЕТ МИР
- Способы формирования и перевода молодежного интернет-сленга
- Речения с усекаемой концовкой (сехоуюй) и русские пословицы (сравнительный анализ)
- Переводчик в сфере профессиональной коммуникации
- Метод Мак-Кормака в вычислительной гидродинамике
- American "horror": magic of movie-genre attraction
- "007 agent" as media franchise: story of success
- Понятие «Языковой политики» и его соотнесенность с Японским языком
- Communicative activities at the English lessons
- Способы перевода языковой репрезентации эмотивно-прагматической установки автора (на материале цикла сказок Р.Киплинга «Пак с холмов»)
Если у вас возникли какие либо вопросы, обращайтесь на email администратора: firstname.lastname@example.org