Advantages and disadvantages of TV
We talk to various people from different countries about their attitudes about TV. Does TV educate or stimulate? Or it is a drug or tranquilizer used to control the population. There are some views, e.g. “TV has been the greatest instrument of social democracy in Western European socialites”, - said Mr. Smith from British film institute. Some people disagree, 90 % of TV programmes in some countries are foreign. And some people think and feel, that TV has disrupted local culture and social ties. Why do developing countries introduce TV? Perhaps government do it for prestige, to show that they have introduced new technology into their societies. Another possible reason is that political leaders want their people to see them on TV.
TV is a very expensive medium and many countries don’t have the technology and the money to make their own television programmes. The result is that most countries are dependent on TV of Britain and America. It is easier and cheaper to buy foreign products mainly soap operas. So, a lot of people feel that TV is a danger to local cultures in some countries.
How do people usually answer the question: “What are you going to do tonight?” or “What are you going to do at the weekend?” In other words how do people spend their free time.
Some 20 or 30 years ago the usual answers used to be “We are going to the theatre” or “We are going to the party” or “We are having some friends round”. Now you are very often hear “We are going to stay at home and watch the television”.
A first-rate colour TV set has become an ordinary thing in the household today and a video cassette recorder is quickly becoming one.
Modern TV offers viewers several programmes on different channels. In addition to regular newscasts you see plays and films, operas and ballets and watch all kinds of contests, quizzes and sporting events. You can also get a lot of useful information of the educational channels. A good serial can keep the whole family infront of the TV for days, and don’t we spend hours and hours watching our favorite football and hockey term in an important international event.
In the conclusion we may say, TV most definitely plays a very important part in people’s life, but is this a good thing or a bad one? Don’t we go out less often, then we used to? Don’t we read less?
Для подготовки данной работы были использованы материалы с сайта
- Matrix Organization Structure: Advantages and Disadvantages
- The selection and adaptation of the material on the topic "Towns and places"
- REGULATION IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRIES: Why, What and How to Regulate?
- Protectionnism and Free Trade in Economical Doctrines
- Going public and the dividend policy of the company
- Globalization and Hospitality Industry
- Problems of city and country life
- The history of smart-cards and their place in modern Russia
- Advantages and disadvantages of television
- Airfoils and Lift
- Euphemisms: history, types and examples
- Sexual violence and capitalism
- Sport and recreation in the United States
Свежие работы в разделе
- УЧЕНИЧЕСКИЙ ФОРУМ. ТЕМА: ТОЛЕРАНТНОСТЬ СПАСЕТ МИР
- Способы формирования и перевода молодежного интернет-сленга
- Речения с усекаемой концовкой (сехоуюй) и русские пословицы (сравнительный анализ)
- Переводчик в сфере профессиональной коммуникации
- Метод Мак-Кормака в вычислительной гидродинамике
- American "horror": magic of movie-genre attraction
- "007 agent" as media franchise: story of success
- Понятие «Языковой политики» и его соотнесенность с Японским языком
- Communicative activities at the English lessons
- Способы перевода языковой репрезентации эмотивно-прагматической установки автора (на материале цикла сказок Р.Киплинга «Пак с холмов»)
Если у вас возникли какие либо вопросы, обращайтесь на email администратора: firstname.lastname@example.org